Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Using Twitter to Snag Suns Tickets

When I first signed up for Twitter, I wasn't sure what to expect. I knew that it was a great source for an insightful look into the personal lives of celebrities, and a quick source for information in 140 character form. I still wasn't sure it was for me.

Since using it for the last five or so months, I am hooked.

Twitter is my generations radio. When you want to know now, you get on Twitter and find it. And for a news junkie who always wants the most current information, it's a perfect tool for me.

Not only has it also gotten me reconnected with friends across the country, I won basketball tickets from using Twitter.

Two weeks ago, my new favorite radio station in the Valley posted a tweet saying if you retweet this, you have a chance at winning tickets to the Suns home opener against the defending champion Los Angeles Lakers.

Even though I never win anything like this, I figured why not give it a chance. Retweeted the message just like they said and Booommmm, got a DM like an hour later telling me I won tickets to the game. All I had to do was drive to the station and pick them up.

Andrea and I went, had good seats and thorough ally enjoyed ourselves. The Suns/Lakers rivalry is pretty big here, so it was fun to see everyone really getting into the game, especially it being the home opener.

Thank you KTAR for the tickets. We look forward to having a chance at winning again!

No comments:

Post a Comment