Sunday, October 24, 2010

Creating a New Avenue For Myself

Working in a bank is mundane for the most part. From time to time, exciting events might take place, but for the most part, the monogamy drags. SSDD is the best way to describe it.

Yes, I do get to meet new people everyday, help out ones I already know, but mainly, I feel my brain slowly turning to mush. I swear I am having dreams about DDA's (where are my bankers, you know what that means...if you don't, look it up.)

The money is good, the bonuses are better and the benefits (I mean health insurance, not the ability to look cool by saying I work for a bank) are aspects that seem harder to walk away from each day I dig deeper into the sands of the financial industry.

But I digress.

Here goes...I am getting back into journalism. No other way around it. My desire, taste and want is there. Since options are limited at this point, I am going to start blogging on a regular basis. I am going to start writing for associatedcontent.com. I am going to take this to the next level because, I am not going to get stuck working in a bank for the rest of my life. I have too much talent and energy to get micromanaged on a daily basis.

There are also some other ideas I currently have floating out there as well. I don't want to divulge anymore information until I finish the book I am reading. From there, I might be making strides toward a similar avenue, expect with me in the drivers seat.

MM

1 comment:

  1. Matt I'm guessing I'm the very first one to comment on your new blog, so CONGRATULATIONS!!! Listen, being a banker is a means to an end, you know this. I'm glad to see that I was able to push you to a point where you weren't going to continue on your "mundane" path, this is only the beginning. Doing something your passionate about is sooo much more exciting and far more rewarding than any monetary value. If your passionate about something, the money will follow. Keep it up and let's continue to push each other to the next level

    ReplyDelete